-
July 13th, 2004, 08:46 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I'm sorry about this. This is a little (ha, well, not really little) personal rant that I kinda needed to get off my chest.
Okay, so last night, I was on gamefaqs. There's a game coming out called Resident Evil 4, and like all overhyped games, it's got a pretty big collection of psycho fanboys. I replied to a topic about whether I was wanting RE: Outbreak File #2 or RE4. I said this:
Even though RE4 will probably be fun and I'll probably like it, the old version of it I liked better. I mean, I actually felt like I was going to be deathly afraid of this game. RE4...well...I don't find as scary as its original version. I dunno, I'm more of a suspenseful/creepy atmosphere type person anyway.
Then I go back later to see what else is posted in the topic (which is back about 3 pages). I get these two responses:
So you're looking forward to File #2 because you think Resident Evil 4 won't be that scary? I don't know dude, but I was barely scared in RE: Outbreak. Your mates that aid you and the familiarity with the whole Resident Evil thing (when I see a window I know there's going to be a zombie crashing through it and I'd go, "Boring") we know waters down the scare factor. I know in RE: Outbreak File #2 we'll have virus-infected zoo animals, but is that really scarier than crazy villagers that are hunting you down? For God's sake the crazy villagers are faster than zombies, make you more tense, and are altogether a refresh in the life of the Resident Evil series.
You've played the game have you? Geez, stop being so judgmental. Yes, the game doesn't seem as promising to the "hardcore" fans, but have some faith in Mikami. After all, he did create the series.
Trying to defend what I said, I posted this:
*Sigh* I figured someone was going to say this. First off. No, I don't think File #2 will be the least bit scary. But it was fun, so I am looking forward to it. And I did say RE4 would probably be fun too, and chances are I'll like it and be scared by it. HOWEVER, I only said I liked its old look better. It appealed to me, much like crazy running zombies/villagers appeal to the RE4 fans right now. I'm not trying to be judgemental. I just thought that the older version had the better atmosphere, because it appealed to me more. Do you understand?
This is what I get in response to above:
Ah yes; it's all so much clearer now. I can see the light. Can I have a hallelujah? Actually, I understand that you're a lying bastard who loves amending and transmuting past crap you farted, but your latest nails are fine. I barely got anytime for a full response, but I'll make sure to in my spare time.
Now I've never gotten really angry before, but this really hurt. So bad to the point I was shaking.
Well, after I calmed down, I marked him for flaming, but it's still there. I've been extremely tolerate, as I hate to make enemies, but it's reached its peak. Enough is enough. I'm so sick of these flaming fanboys.
Well, that's the end of the rant. Sorry for bugging you guys, but I think you'd listen to my whining ^_^;
<font color="#101010" size="1">[ October 27, 2004 09:12 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>
-
July 13th, 2004, 08:53 PM
#2
Inactive Member
-
July 13th, 2004, 09:09 PM
#3
Inactive Member
-
July 13th, 2004, 09:34 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Cool, I'm not sure if I like you though, so cut it out I guess..
-
July 13th, 2004, 10:45 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Slow mindless feet dragging zombies do kick ass.... or vomit on it, if you're not fast enough. These new villager things, yea, they look scary and the fights with them will be tense. But the whole suspense of whats around the corner is lost a bit. When you first met the licker in RE2, that was freaky. As you're moving around, something dashes by the window. You enter the next room, to find nothing but a pool of blood. You look up and you see it.
Thats scary. I can't really see a classic like that coming up in RE4, but people can always surprise you. The main thing is that RE4 looks much more like an action game.
Also, "hallelujah" is the most bizarre word ever.
-
July 13th, 2004, 10:50 PM
#6
Inactive Member
Who is gonna start the RP where the world is run by militant Yuri Fangirls?
-
July 13th, 2004, 11:02 PM
#7
HB Forum Owner
IRT Sizer-chan:
I'm sorry about this. This is a little (ha, well, not really little) personal rant that I kinda needed to get off my chest.
Heh, no problem about it, or I'd have to say sorry a million times for ranting in so many threads...
The first two replies were really exaggerated; they talked as if you had said "RE4 sux man ha ha", and as if it were something personal. Your average fanbois. I guess I'd get bashed too if I went to the Xenosaga 2 board and said I don't like the new soundtrack as much as Episode I's.
And the last reply was a ToS, but it seems GheyFags mods are more worried about deleting offtopic threads created in the few nice boards that ever existed there, than deleting flame posts.
Anyways, don't worry about it, it doesn't even make sense anyways. You didn't contradict yourself, but added extra information that is compatible with your first post. Just think who wrote that: a fanboi. It doesn't have to make sense [img]smile.gif[/img] .
-
July 13th, 2004, 11:08 PM
#8
Inactive Member
(I hope you mean yaoi fangirls)
*Gun is held to the back of CBA's head*
Fangirl: Right now.
*Another fangirl runs up to the first*
Fangirl 2: Captain! There's a massive swarm of FFVII fanboys heading towards us!
C.fangirl: NO! Quick girls, set up the Cloud/Sephy Shounen ai fanfics!
Fangirl 3: Fanboys in sight!
All FFVII fanboys: RAH! RAH! FFVII IZ DA BEST!!!!!!1123 WE HATEZORS ALL GAY GAMEZ LIK MARIO AND SONIC AND GRANDIA AND ANYTING WITHOUT FF AT THE FRONT OF ITZ NAME. NINTEDO IS GAYZORS!
C.fangirl: Aim! Fire!
*Hundreds of pages of shounen ai land on the fanboys*
All fanboys: HUR HUR YOU WORTE THIZ?!!!?!?!!?/ YOURE GAY!!!! I BET U SUCK DICKZ LOLx3000000000000000
Fangirl 2: No effect, it make them angryer.
C.fangirl: Get the Yaoi lemons! Aim, Fire!!!
*The fanboys see yaoi, and collapse into a pile of shaking fanboys, shocked by the images stuck in their heads. 50% of them were turned on by it.
Fangirl 3: They have been defeated!
C.fangirl: Alright! Let's go glomp something cute!
*They look at OCB. Nope. They look at CBA. Nope. They look at Sizer-chan.*
C.fangirl: She'll have to do. She's the most cute!
*200 fangirls glomp Sizer-Chan*
Sizer-chan: AHHHHHHH!!!
OCB: *to CBA*....should we be happy or sad?
-
July 13th, 2004, 11:09 PM
#9
Inactive Member
Seriously though, I think RE4 will turn out to be much more similar to its predecessors than the developers are leading us to believe.. They're just promising originality...
-
July 13th, 2004, 11:12 PM
#10
Inactive Member
*Loren sneaks away from the fangirls, into the dark recesses of their dark fortress*
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks